South Texas NATS Fall Meeting
Saturday, September 30, 2023
University of The Incarnate Word, San Antonio, TX
The 2023 Fall meeting will feature presentations from South Texas NATS members. Fall 2023 Meeting Agenda
Our South Texas NATS Fall Workshop, Meeting, and Honors Recital is coming up on September 30 at the University of the Incarnate Word! If you are planning to attend, please take a moment to RSVP by September 22 using the link below. The chapter will be providing lunch to current ST NATS chapter members attending the business meeting, so please let us know you are coming so we can plan ahead!
RSVP Link: https://forms.gle/36xWKijYZmFXJ2Qn7
The morning workshop is open to both chapter members and non-members, and the Fall Workshop committee has planned a terrific morning of presentations and singing featuring our own South Texas NATS Chapter Members (see below). Non-members who are interested in learning more about the chapter are welcome to join us for the business meeting (lunch is $10 for non-members, and free to members as part of their annual chapter dues). There will also be an Honors Recital featuring winners from our Spring 2023 student auditions.
Presentations and Performances (30 minutes each):
- Gender-Neutral Voice Pedagogy: Inclusivity and Cultural Responsiveness in the Voice Classroom – Shayna Isaacs
- VoceVista Video Pro in the Vocal Pedagogy Classroom – Richard Davis
- A Voice Recital featuring works by Harry T. Burleigh, William Grant Still, and others – Julia Taylor, soprano and David Utterback, piano
- Improvisation Toolbox – Ellen Denham
So, if you know someone — member or non-member — who wants to attend, please forward them this link and ask them to RSVP!
Aspiring Artist Summer Program Grant
Congratulations to this year’s recipients of the Aspiring Artist Summer Program Grant! This year’s winners are:
First Place (Awarded $750)
- Addison Kaye (student of Daveda Karanas), attending the Patti and Herbert Program at Salzburg
Second Place (Awarded $375 each)
- Alejandro Cuellar (student of Jourdan Laine Howell), attending the Opera San Antonio/Classical Music Institute Summer Voice Program
- Cora Winstead (student of Daveda Karanas), attending Music Fest Perugia
Thank you to Gary Mabry for chairing and organizing the award committee, and to Dr. Diana Allan (Missouri Southern State University) and Dr. Carol Chapman (Missouri State University) for lending their expertise as external judges!